Barnett Recruit Critical Stats
Barnett is the creator of a number of classic archery products. The Barnett 78610 Recruit Compound Crossbow is no exception. The crossbow is reliable and strong – features that make it great for both hunting and archery experiences. The following review will highlight some of its most important characteristics and help you determine if it’s the right crossbow for you.
Features And Benefits
1. Light And Compact
This bow features the custom composite laminate limbs developed by Barnett. These make the compound crossbow quite compact and light – its weight is 6.5 pounds.
2. Strong And Fast
At the same time, Barnett 78610 is powerful enough to satisfy even the pickiest connoisseurs. According to the manufacturer, the speed can reach up to 300 feet per second when a 20-inch arrow is used.
3. Premium Features Included
Some of the other interesting features that the crossbow comes with include an anti-vibration foot stirrup, crosswire string and cable system, a pass-through foregrip and finger reminders, an anti-dry fire (ADF) trigger safety system and a chance for the integration of a crank cocking device (which isn’t included in the kit).
4. Full Package
The set is complete with three 20-inch quiver arrows, a rope cocking device and premium red dot sight.
Several characteristics of the Barnett 78610 Recruit Compound Crossbow make it superior to other crossbows in the same range:
- Easy setup: even people that don’t have prior experience will need approximately 10 minutes to assemble the crossbow.
- Very lightweight: in comparison to other similar compound crossbows, the Barnett 78610 Recruit is very lightweight and compact.
- Accurate: Barnett is known for the production of crossbows that deliver superior performance and accuracy. Some hunters worry about using lightweight crossbows but this one surpasses expectations because of the anti-vibration system.
- Fairly quiet: many hunters were very pleased by just how silent this compound crossbow is.
The most common problems that owners of Barnett 78610 Recruit experience are:
- Some dissatisfaction with the red dot: many hunters prefer to replace the red dot sight with a scope.
- String quality: there have been some reports about poor string quality but based on the customer feedback, Barnett has made changes. Chances are that you’ll never experience such issues.
If you need a crossbow that’s lightweight and compact, the Barnett 78610 Recruit should be one of your top picks. Few products can beat its lightweight design, speed and extreme accuracy. Suitable for both hunting and archery, this crossbow doesn’t have any major flaws to be aware of. The reputation of Barnett as a great manufacturer is proven once again through the quality of this product.